University of Calcutta
Department of Law
51/1, Hazra Road, Kolkata – 700019.
Notice for Admission to Ph.D. Programme in Law, 2019(Amended)
Applications are invited for admission to Ph.D. programme in Law, in the Department of Law, University of Calcutta, 51/1, Hazra Road, Kolkata – 700019. Eligible candidates [having Master’s Degree in Law] should apply in the prescribed form to be downloaded from C.U.’s official website www.caluniv.ac.in. along with an application fees of Rs. 100/- through SBI COLLECT. The filled-up forms along with the requisite fee by C.U. Cash Challan are to be submitted between 12.30 to 4.00 p.m. on all working days at the office of the Department of Law ( 1st floor) Hazra Campus, C.U. The eligible*(as per C.U. Ph.D. Regulation, 2016) candidates will have to appear both in a written examination of 2( two) hours duration to be held in this Department on 22/12/2019 at 12 noon and a Viva-Voce, the date of which will be notified on the departmental notice board in due course. Those candidates who have already passed JRF / NET / SET are exempted from written examination.
Reservation policy will be followed as per State Government and University norms.
1) At least 55% in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale in LL.M. for General Category and 50% in aggregate or an equivalent grade point for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/PWD candidates.
2) Qualifying marks for Entrance Test will be 50%. Entrance Test will comprise B.A.LL.B. and LL.M. syllabus of the University of Calcutta.
Type of questions:
Written Test (Descriptive type) for 80 marks
Viva-voce for 20 marks
a) No. of Seats: 16
b) Last date of submission of application form: 20 / 12 / 2019.
c) Admit Card will be issued to the eligible candidates at the time submission of form.
d) Reservation benefits are available only for those who have certificates from Govt. of West Bengal.
Requirements at the time of submission of Form :
1. SBI COLLECT e-receipt
2. Attested copy of age proof certificate.
3. Attested copy of SC / ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/PWD certificate where applicable.
4. Attested copy of LL.M. Mark Sheet
5. a) Attested copy of qualifying certificate in JRF / NET/SET.
b) Three copies of passport size photograph.