Below are the steps that can be followed if you want to merge a branch version of code into your Trunk.
- Go to your working copy of the branch and validate if there is any change is left to commit by looking at the commit window.
- When you are confident that all the changes are in the branch already. Switch working copy by right clicking project root in Windows Explorer > TortoiseSVN > Switch
- Switch to the trunk then ok
- Right click project root in Windows Explorer > TortoiseSVN > merge
- Select "Merge a range of revisions" as Merge Type then click Next
- Provide branch location of your code base in "URL to merge from"
- Make sure that "Specific range" is selected and leave box empty if you want to merge all the changes of branch. This will merge the all the changes that were done after this branch was created from the Trunk.
- Make sure that your "Working Copy" location shows correctly.
- Click Next, then press the ‘test merge’ button. This will highlight any conflicts.
- When you are happy with the tet merge result, you can click "Merge",.
- Now you have the opportunity to edit the conflict if there is any before merge.
- You have successfully updated with all trunk changes into your local working copy, now you need to commit the changes with appropriate comments.
If you are wondering about the step 7, on how you can create a SVN branch from trunk, please check out the link.