Whole Chicken Tandoori / Home Style / Indian Spicy
- Clean the whole chicken with some clean cloth or kitchen tissue paper. Then make some deep slit into the chicken with the help of knife, all over the chicken body. Make sure that the slit is nice deep and big.
- Take a bowl (avoid steel) and add the ginger-garlic-chilli paste, add 1 tbs red chilli powder,1 ½ lemon juice and salt as for the taste.
- Make a paste all of them and apply it on the chicken, make sure the paste can enter into the deep cut areas. Keep the marinate chicken in some cool place for 45 minutes or you can refrigerate it.
- Keep the marinated chicken in some cool place [or you can refrigerate it] for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes make a paste with soured curd + red chilli powder + turmeric powder + cumin powder + coriander powder + garam masala + red food colour + black pepper + oil + salt+ kasuri-methi powder. A blender or mixie can be used for making the paste.
- Apply it on the marinated chicken; make sure that the paste can go into the cut areas. Keep the marinated chicken in some cool place [or use fridge] for 2 hours.
- Take a frying pan or kadai (non-stick), heat the pan and melt the butter in the heated pan.
- Add the chicken. Make sure to tie up its leg together.
- Cover the pan with a lid and make fire flame into medium. Let it cook for ten minutes.
- After 10 minutes later, flips the chicken to the other side. Let it cook for another 10 minutes with the lid.
- After finishing the cooking, to give it a grilled look, just place them on the fire flame for 4-5 minute to the both side. You can also make it into the pre-heated oven griller.
- Now give them some nice look with salad.
If you want to see more detailed steps with images, please see